The year 1975 was a hallmark year for the fly fishing world. It was then that Ted Juracsik introduced his first Anti-Reverse Tarpon Reel designated the Billy Pate.
This series now includes three Anti-Reverse models, for rod weights 6-12. No other reel has matched the Billy Pate’s durability and dependability day in day out, year after year, regardless of conditions, locale or species. This precision piece of equipment is designed and constructed to withstand the most demanding fly fishing environments. As with all reels that leave Ted’s shop, the Billy Pate is virtually maintenance free.
While there are over 350 World Records that attest to its performance, you don’t have to be interested in records to appreciate this reel. If you know your fly fishing history, you know this is the reel that set the hook.
THIS REEL CAN NOT BE SWITCHED FROM LEFTHAND RETRIEVE. ONLY IN STOCK FOR LH.
Weight: 8.2 oz.
Frame Size: 3.5″ x 1.65″
Rod Weights: 7-8-9
300 yds. with WF7F
285 yds. with WF8F
275 yds. with WF9F
All with 20 lb. backing
Salmon, Steelhead, Bonefish, Redfish,
Dorado, Small Tarpon
- Redesigned Frame Graphics to give you a new fresh up date look
- Large diameter impregnated Main Drag insures ulta-smooth and long wearing performance.
- Double clickers provide two distinct tones to designate line entering or leaving the spool.
- Double anti-reverse dogs provide positive, fail-safe action on all models.
- Rim control for additional braking on all models.
- Tibor’s own Backing Groove on each spool helps anglers accurately determine backing capacity.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Easy grip, impact resistant Delrin Handle.
- Comes with an extra thick Neoprene Case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Platinum / Jet Black Spool
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
After each use, Billy Pate reels should be rinsed thoroughly in fresh water. Periodically, especially after extensive exposure to saltwater, the line and backing should be removed and wiped down with a wet cloth to remove salt.
All reels are lubricated at the factory prior to assembly and relubrication is generally not necessary. Tibor Graphite Lube may be used to lubricate the cork drag disc. Complete warranty and maintenance information is included with each reel.